Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Shopping for my Meatless Month

Heyy Loves,


Here is just an idea of things that I bought at the grocery store in preparation for my Meatless Month. All of the items are not shown in the picture because I had already packed away some items.



1. Meat Alternatives 

 I think that this is necessary for people who are used to meat. I got the meatless crumbles, garden burger, 1/4 pound "burger", and buffalo "wings". Since these products have tofu (soy) in them, I won't eat them everyday


2. Frozen and Fresh Fruit


I bought these items to put in my daily smoothies and oatmeal/cereal. Some recipes are already on my blog and there will be more to come.


3. Beans


These are necessary in a diet that lacks meat as they are rich in protein, especially black beans. I have some great ideas for black bean chili, black bean burgers, seasoned black-eye peas and much more.


3. Kale and Other Vegetables


Vegetables are always good  but I got the kale for my green smoothies. I will also have some recipes for my green smoothies coming soon.


4. Dessert


How could I forget???? Milk free ice cream!!!! I saw this in the grocery store and had to try it and it is delicious. Check out the website here





I will have recipe ideas coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment