Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I Drink it From a Glass

What do I drink from a glass you might wonder?




Yes it is what you think it is........WATER

Now, I have not bought my fancy glass bottle for me to tote around (I'm running a tight ship this week with my finances) so I used this glass bottle from a drink that I bought that was BPA free (the bottle)

I know that some of you may think that this is a bit anal, but hey.....it's my health and my research and I feel as though this was the best route for me to take.

Why drink water from a glass bottle instead of plastic you ask?
  • Plastic bottles are made with plastics that contain a synthetic estrogen mimicking toxin called BPA (Bisphenol A)
  • BPA (Bisphenol A) has been linked to breast and prostate cancer.
How does the BPA get into the water that you are drinking out of the bottle?


These chemicals actually leach into your water and enter your system every time you drink from the plastic bottle.

Here is an excerpt from some of my research:

 When it comes to Bisphenol A (BPA) exposure from polycarbonate plastic bottles, it's not whether the container is new or old but the liquid's temperature that has the most impact on how much BPA is released 
This shows that it is not a question of IF BPA enters your system, but just a question of how much BPA will enter your system. Now I understand why my mother ALWAYS tells me to never drink water out of a plastic bottle after it has been left in the car.


Even though you may say, I buy water out of coolers and never let it get hot. That is just on your end! Imagine how long that bottle has been in HOT warehouses and trailers, and if you live in the Bahamas like I do, HOT cargo areas in boats for shipping


Another excerpt that I will share with you:

"BPA is just one of many estrogen-like chemicals people are exposed to, and scientists are still trying to figure out how these endocrine disruptors--including natural phyto-estrogens from soy which are often considered healthy--collectively impact human health," he says. "But a growing body of scientific evidence suggests it might be at the cost of your health."


Now the decision lies with you, if you want to continue using plastic bottles or not  but I choose to stick with drinking water out of a glass.


N.B. I have done a lot more research than what is shown in this post, feel free to do your own research  


Take care of your body, life is too short to be sick :)






















No comments:

Post a Comment