Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Brown Sugar Body Scrub


I have been wanting to try a homemade scrub recipe for a while and tonight I FINALLY did it and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!

For storage, I used a container that had a seal (the orange thing on the jar) so the ants would not get to it. 

Here is the recipe for the scrub:

  • 1 cup of brown sugar (I used the "sugar in the raw" demerara cane sugar)
  • 1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1/4 cup of Coconut Oil
  • A squeeze of honey (I did not really measure this)
  • 10 drops of 100% pure Lavender essential oil
Remember when using the scrub, do not rub your skin too aggressively and do not use if you have open cuts as it can be an irritant. 



Try the recipe out for yourself and let me know how it works for you.



2 comments:

  1. Oh I shall try this, homemade should be better anyway. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome and try the scrub and let me know how it works. Just remember, if you are using it in the shower , because of the oil, it WILL get a big slippery so be careful

    ReplyDelete