Search This Blog

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Grade 1 Calf Strain = NO Workout for 2 Weeks!

YES YES!! You read it correctly.....I CANNOT work out for 2 weeks (extremeeeeeeeeely long sign and sad face!!)



This is how it all happened. I was on week 3 of the Jillian Micheal's Ripped in 30 workout and it came time to do the single leg squats with weights. Now, I know that I have problems with my ankles and that pressure would have caused some kind of injury but I thought that I just needed to push myself . I accomplished all the reps and I felt fine!!

Around 1:00pm that day I was feeling like crap.....I had heavy annoying pains in my calf and I could not flex my foot up without sharp pain. I went to the doctor and figured that I may have to take 2-3 days off from working out but when she told me 2 WEEKS my heart sank!!....What am I going to do for two weeks with no exercise (SIGH!)?

WELL, I figured it out. Since pushing myself to workout earlier will cause more harm than good I have decided that the solution to my problem is to be VERY strict on my daily eating and calorie intake (1400 per day max). My calorie intake is one for weight loss at my current weight. I will make a food journal for the two weeks that I am not working out and weight myself twice for the period to ensure that I do not gain any weight. Weight loss and healthy living is about 80% what you eat and 20% exercise and as Jillian herslef said ,"you can eat yourself out of any workout"




No comments:

Post a Comment