Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Whole Wheat Chocolate Cake

Yes, you read it correctly. It's WHOLE WHEAT CHOCOLATE CAKE!


During my weight loss journey, I have made the decision to make this a lifestyle change rather than a diet so that I can stay healthy and the weight loss can be permanent. I DO still limit myself but I indulge when I need to with healthier alternatives.


Here is a picture of the lovely, healthy and delicious whole wheat chocolate cake




So, I know you probably want to know the recipe of this dish................here it goes:



  • 1.5 cup of whole wheat flour
  • 0.5 cup of all purpose white flour
  • 0.5 cup + a 0.5 teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 cup of raw cane sugar (demerara) 
  • a pinch of salt
  • 1.5 cups of almond milk (I do not drink cow's milk)
  • 0.5 cup of water
  • 2 eggs
  • 2/3 cup olive oil (for a coconut flavored chocolate cake try using coconut oil . Coconut oil is also very good for burning fat!)
  • 1.5 tablespoons of vanilla
I heated the oven at 325 degrees and I let the cake bake until a toothpick was inserted and came out clean (about 35-45 minutes). This time will vary depending on your oven and if you alter the ingredients. 

DO NOT FORGET TO GREASE YOUR BAKING PANS!!!! 

Happy Baking,




No comments:

Post a Comment