Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Breakfast Smoothie



Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I usually have a smoothie for breakfast and I usually switch up the recipe but I will share with you a recipe that I have been doing a lot lately


4oz vanilla almond milk
4oz water
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1/4 cup All Bran Cereal
1/4 cup frozen strawberries
1 teaspoon agave nectar
1 teaspoon Flax-seed Meal


Here are some pictures:


Everything in the blender


Blending done..... Smoothie Ready


I usually switch it up, so here are a list of other items that I may use from time to time

  • Oatmeal
  • Any frozen fruit i like (raspberries, blueberries, pineapples, mango etc.)
  • Banana
I want to try almond butter in my smoothie. When I try it I will let you know how I feel about the taste.

Enjoy, 

4 comments:

  1. I love smoothies, but I prefer mine as a mid-morning snack. So I would have either oatmeal or granola for breakfast with almond milk, of course, and then have my smoothies. I never tried cereal or oatmeal. I usually put add yogurt and vanilla. So delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking about trying wheat germ, cool whip,and almond butter in my smoothies (not at the same time of course). I will let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What would you recommend for a person who doesn't feel like they have time in the morning to prepare this..can this be done the night before?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I believe that if you prepare it the night before and drink it in the morning that it should not spoil. And in fact I am always rushing in the morning and never thought about this, as simple as this may seem. I will give this a try tonight and let you know. Stay tuned for my post about Irish Moss Smoothies. Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog :)

    ReplyDelete